Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 1- Intro and unboxing The Titanic!


Building the Titanic

I've wanted to build something big for a while, so the Titanic seemed like a good idea!
I decided to build a 1:400 replica of the Titanic, the model I decided on is the Academy 1:400 Centenary edition. This version has some nice detail like wooden decking and photo etched parts, (these are metal parts that have a lot more details than the standard plastic).
As we're a bit short of space in the house, I decided it might be a nice idea to donate it to my son's school. The school study the history of the Titanic as part of it's curriculum so they were delighted with this news!

See below for the first report, unboxing the Titanic, be sure to check back for further updates as I progress!

John.




The outer box

Outer sleeve removed, nice artwork!
Some photos on box of finished model

Box lid removed
All parts laid out, I'm going to need a bigger desk!

Parts

More parts...
Wooden deck planks

Blueprints!


Instructions, plenty of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment